1. RHE provides a variety of services to clients and third parties online which are accessible only with a username and password. These services include ‘Ask the Expert’ Question and Answer Forums and Blogs, Best Practice Forums, RIAMS Forums, RIAMS Shared Best Practice, The International Housing and Health Research Bulletin and any other similar services offered by RH Environmental Limited. RIAMS means “Regulatory Information and Management Systems” as offered in the UK and other territories worldwide. These websites and online services are subject to these Terms and Conditions and by the Rules for Making Contributions which are published separately on each website or online service.
2. Access to the Restricted Areas is restricted to authorised persons. If you believe you have been granted access to any document or file by mistake, please leave the Restricted Area immediately and contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Please also contact us by email at email@example.com if we have notified you that you are permitted to access a Restricted Area but are unable to obtain access to it.
3. The Restricted Areas should only be accessed using a computer linked to a secure network environment.
4. You must not allow any other person to use your username, password or other login details. If you believe someone else knows your login details please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org soon as possible.
5. In the case of certain Restricted Areas we may supply you with temporary login details which you should change and choose details that may not be easily identifiable by others. Login details should be changed regularly and not less than once every 6 weeks.
6. We reserve the right to remove you from the authorised list of users for any Restricted Area of this website at any time.
7. Parts of this website incorporate 128 bit encryption technology, however, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised people will not be able to access confidential information hosted on or downloaded from this website.
8. The information, documents and files hosted on the Restricted Areas are confidential and may be privileged. You must not distribute the documents and files hosted in these areas except to persons authorised by RHE to read them. If you believe that you may have been granted access to information, a document or a file by mistake you must not download it, copy it, use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. Where you are subject to a separate agreement or undertaking (such as a confidentiality agreement) then such agreement or undertaking shall apply in addition to and, in the case of conflict or inconsistency, in priority to these terms and conditions.
9. You shall not obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to a Restricted Area or to a Restricted Area other than that which has been identified as being available to you through the logins and passwords notified to you, or to any other area of RHE’s computer system or network, nor will you attempt to evade our authentication or security procedures nor assist, encourage or permit any other person to do any of the above things.
10. You should be aware that some of the documents, files and other information may contain personal data subject to applicable data protection legislation. You must not use that data contrary to such legislation. To the extent that your jurisdiction does not have in force data protection legislation at least as stringent as that applying in England from time to time you undertake to treat such personal data as if it were subject to the legislation applying in England from time to time to the extent it is more stringent.
11. RHE shall not be liable for any losses you suffer as a result of unauthorised access to your account until such time as you have informed us of unauthorised use or possible unauthorised use of your login details or of a breach of security.
12. Subject to 11 above, RHE shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from your use of a Restricted Area other than in accordance with these terms including but without limitation any special, consequential or indirect loss, any loss of profit or goodwill, any loss of data or for any business or economic loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use a Restricted Area. By accessing our restricted areas you agree that these terms, and in particular the limits on our liability and obligations, are fair and reasonable.
13. If you are accessing a Restricted Area to use the services available through it otherwise than in the course of your business, you have certain statutory rights as a consumer regarding the performance of services. These statutory rights will not be affected by any statement contained in these terms and conditions.
14. Subject to the terms above and any additional terms applicable to particular Restricted Areas, for example licence terms to access RIAMS and the Rules for Making Contributions as described in paragraph 1 of this section (“Restricted Areas”) , you may not reproduce or print any part of the content of the Restricted Areas.
You can access all of the International Research Bulletin resources by annual subscription.